Friday, November 14, 2008

What a Hunk: Reflections on the Hubby



1. Where did you meet your husband?
We were in the same ward at BYU-Idaho, served on ward council together and even had a class together. It took a couple of different meetings before he remembered meeting me.


2. How long did you date before you got married?
From dating to engaged: 4 days. From dating to married: 5 months.


3. How long have you been married?
2 years, 2 months, 2 weeks, and 2 days. Weird.


4. What does he do that surprises you?
He'll be accidentally sweet. For example, he asked his mom for a gift card for his Christmas present to Olive Garden, because he knows I like it and we don't get to splurge very often. He wanted to take me out to dinner for his Christmas present! How sweet is that?


5. What is your favorite feature of his?
His arms. They're all big and muscley and toned.


6. What is his best quality?
How much he adores his son.


7. Does he have a nickname for you?
Not if nickname is different than a petname.


8. What is his favorite food?
Hawaiian Haystacks.


9. What is his favorite sport?
He likes just about all sports.


10. When and where did you first kiss?
After we were engaged. Granted, we didn't date very long before that happened. We went on an evening walk up to this area on the very edge of town where some new houses were being developed. We had a favorite house that had a porch where you could see all the town lights. We were standing on this porch, trying to hide from the wind, when BANG! It happened.


11. What is your favorite thing to do as a couple?
Play with the rugrat. We like to go camping and out to eat, too.


12. Do you have any children?
Our little Jeffy Doodlebug, 10 months old.


13. Does he have any hidden talents?
He's exceptionally good at lots of things, but one thing people don't really see is that he's actually very musical.


14. How old is he?
24.


15. Who said 'I love you first?
He did. And I responded with "I like you pretty much too." Classic.


16. What is his favorite music?
Classic rock. He also loves to dance to Michael Jackson.


17. What do you admire most about him?
How hard he works on things that matter to him, and how much he wants to be a good husband and daddy.


18. What is his favorite color?
Blue, probably.


19. Will he read this?
Not unless I open it in a page and make him!

7 comments:

S.N.D said...

I didn't know that you only dated for 4 days before you got engaged. Ours was 5 days, you beat us.lol...

Anonymous said...

I second Sam's comment.

Most people think we were impulsive after getting engaged after five weeks of dating. We don't even come close to your four days!

As I tell everyone who give us that weird look,
"WHEN YOU KNOW, YOU KNOW!"

Lindsay said...

awwww, that is so sweet! You and I are tied, I married Kevin 5 months after we started dating. lol!

Anonymous said...

"I like you pretty much too."

*DIES*

Andy said...

Hey Bethany,

Would you mind sending me your home address so we can send you guys a Christmas card this year? You can send the email to emslies {at} me.com. Thanks!

Jesse

Lacey said...

I love this! I'm going to have to do this about Andy.... he would laugh really hard! I never knew Jeff was musically inclined.... or that he danced to Michael Jackson... Wish I could have seen that one! hahahaha How the heck are you? Your baby's super cute!

Anonymous said...

POOOKE!!! POKE!! POKE POKE POKE POKE POKE!!!!!! POOOOOOOOOOOOOKEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We should go to Zoolights or the lights at temple square or something. Also,

POKE!!!!

I haven't seen you since August! I NEED BETHANY TIME.