Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day Surprise!

I love Mother's Day. It reminds me of the wonderful examples of feminine kindness and love I've been blessed with, and it makes me me a little more tender and loving to my own babies.

I reflect back on their births-- the joy of having our precious little one here at last! The overwhelming desire to do my best to help them become strong, independent, good people. And the feeling that my heart was literally growing to accommodate all this new love. I love being a mom, and I love being Jeffy and Katelyn's mom especially. Those two little people mean everything to me.

Superman pjs!

Getting close to crawling!

Crazy hair!

Yummy carrots!

Two cute little babies.

But, surprise, our family's not done growing yet! We're adding another precious little baby to our family. This one really was a surprise, but I'm happy to report that we're excited to have another brother or sister to add to our beautiful family. I'm due the end of December, so plans are very much up in the air, but that's pales in comparison to the feeling of happiness we have at our upcoming arrival!

So Happy Mother's Day to all! All women who have touched another's life, lifted a burden, borne sorrows, or lifted a spirit, we celebrate you today.

Hope your day is restful and full of love!

4 comments:

S.N.D said...

Happy Mother's Day Bethany!And congratulations,that is awesome,and I am proud of you!

Erin said...

Wow, how great! Yea for growing families, and lots of love:)

Bre said...

I'm so happy for you, Bethany!

Jenni said...

You have two beautiful children!!! Congratulations on another one!!