Monday, October 6, 2008

Recent Adventures

We've had quite a few adventures since my last post.

Jeff and I went to his mission reunion the Friday before Conference, like so many others. There were a few other kids there, and Jeffy was really excited to play with them. Unfortunately, he's kind of big and clumsy and doesn't really understand how to play yet. There were two little kids specifically, that he was interested in. One was a year and a half, and the other was two, but Jeffy was significantly bigger than both of them. The younger one would crawl over to Jeffy and sit by him, but then Jeffy would get over-excited, grab onto their heads to give them a kiss, then lose his balance, fall over and bring the other kid with him. This happened with both kids, but the younger one hit his head kind of hard on the floor. I felt bad. My kid's a bully without even meaning to! From then on, anytime Jeffy would get close to another kid, I'd rush over and keep him from pounding on them. He's a little handful! Of course, Jeff thought it was hilarious and took pleasure in the fact that his boy is so much bigger than the others. The alpha male in him loved it. Silly boys.


Then Emily, Gary, and Clara came to visit for the weekend and Jeffy had the tables turned on him. Clara is just about 15 months old, and smaller than Jeffy of course, but she wasn't going to take any abuse from him. He did knock her over once in the above fashion, but once was enough. Anytime Jeffy got close to her, looking too playful, Clara would yell at him. By the end of the weekend, Jeffy didn't really have any pleasant feelings toward her, and would cry anytime she got too close. Clara's a very vocal little girl, and can get very fussy, and sometimes this would really scare Jeffy. So, he may have beaten up some kids on Friday, but fate came full circle and got him on Saturday.


Conference was great, as usual. I really enjoyed all the sessions, except Sunday afternoon. I fell asleep, and didn't even realize it until I woke up after it was over. I felt bad.


Then Sunday brought another great surprise--bunnies!! Jeff's dad went for a drive, and saw some bunnies on the side of the road. By bunnies, I don't mean wild jack rabbits or anything, but actual domestic bunnies. A white and black speckled one just let him pick her up, then he chased a white one and caught it, and a black one got away. Jeff went back out with him, and they found another white one, but not the black one. Today they put up flyers, but we think they were abandoned. As of right now, the plan is to keep them. They're in the pen outside that the dogs stayed in until the fence was done. The girl white one is named Snowball, after the guinea pig I had when I was little. The boy white one is Maverick because he has a little gray M on the tip of his nose. The big black and white speckled one is still unnamed, but I'm thinking Bunny, the name my littles brother called me before he could say Bethany, or Beatrix, after Beatrix Potter, the creator of Peter Rabbit. We'll see. I'm so excited!! I love bunnies! We wanted to get one our first summer married, but the apartment complex wouldn't let us. They allowed cats, but not bunnies. Retarded. Anyways, we have bunnies! Bunny/Beatrix let me hold her right away, and Snowball let me after a little coaxing. I haven't held Maverick yet. He's too fast. They sure are cute!!
This is Bunny/Beatrix.
This is Snowball hiding in her house. Maverick was hiding in some sage, so I couldn't get a picture of him.

So, that's what we've been up to. This weekend my parents are coming to celebrate Kimi's graduation. I'm excited to see them and hang out with everyone. Good times coming! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awe, I love rabbits. We had a bunch of them growing up.

Have fun with your family... give them hugs from me!

Sarah Stout said...

Love the Bunny pictures. Now that is one cool thing about getting out of apartments, you can keep pets that aren't fish or turtles. Our boys would have fun with bunnies I think, I guess we will just keep giving them little siblings until that time comes. :0) jk

Oh and about the conference thing, I fell asleep during a talk during that same session, Great thing about the internet and Ensign eh! Go busy and tired Moms!! Church looks out for us don't they!

The Hatch Family said...

That is so funny about Jeffy and the other kids! Sammy with get really excited then go pull on the other kids hair then butt heads with them, sometimes a little hard!

Anonymous said...

Toby and I want to come play with the bunnies!

When Nate and I got married we snuck a bunny into our apartment. His name was Snack. He was freakishly adorable, but he had to go because he ate our walls. It was sad. But now we have the cats, which I like better because they don't bite (much) and they don't poop all over. Or pee everywhere. After we neutered them, anyway. Dang cats.

Anyway Toby and I want to play. Do you and Jeffy want to go to Thanksgiving Point and do all the fun Halloween stuff sometime soon?