Thursday, February 4, 2010

Birthday Cakes

I thought I wasn't going to have a birthday cake this year. I ended up with three! Jeff hasn't been feeling very well, and since Jeffy and Katelyn aren't capable of making one, I figured I was on my own. So I bought a small white one for myself the morning of my birthday. Jeff came home for lunch that day and we had some then. Well, maybe just I had some.

Then while we were out, my great visiting teacher brought over a german chocolate cake! Yum!! It was so good. Jeff usually doesn't like german chocolate, but even he loved this one. It was a great surprise!

Then the day after (I guess Jeff had been planning to celebrate that day, but forgot to tell me :)) I got to go on a craft spending spree with my birthday money, and Jeff watched the kids. I came home to another cake! Jeff experimented and made a Mint Brownie Cake. The cake itself was made of Andes Mint brownies, with a cream cheese frosting made minty by crushed mint Oreos, topped with Andes Mint drizzle and halved mint oreos.. It was yummy! But the best part was the effort by my sweetheart. He put a lot of work into it and very emphatically told me never to buy myself a birthday cake again. Hee hee.

4 comments:

S.N.D said...

sweet.The cake looks yummy my mouth is watery.I want one!lol

Anonymous said...

I usually don't have much of a sweet tooth, but all of this talk of cake makes me want to go out and buy one just for me!! :)

Natalie said...

Aw, how nice of Jeff! :) Cute story! And they sound DELICIOUS too!

Receli said...

The cake looks and sounds incredibly yummy!