Sunday, July 8, 2012

I Missed a Day!

Dangit!  I was doing great.

Yesterday was a busy day.  We cleaned the house for the babysitter to come over (anyone else have to do this?) and went out on a birthday date.  Today is Jeff's birthday, and it's one where he now considers himself an old man.  Ha ha.

We went out to dinner and a movie, and actually had a great time.  I say actually because it's a pretty standard date so it was nice to have a really good time, not because it's surprising to enjoy spending time together. :)  Since it was his birthday we went out to sushi.  I hate sushi!  I tried it again and yup, I hate it.  It's not even the fish part I hate-- it's the seaweed rice part.  But I got some yummy chicken that came with a salad, soup, and fried rice.  It was so yummy!  Dinner was a nice surprise.

And we went to see The Amazing Spiderman, which I had very low expectations for.  The 1st of the Toby McGuire series came out our senior year of high school and I have fond memories associated with it, so it's rather sentimental and I didn't like the look of the previews for this one.  But both Jeff and I really enjoyed it!  Peter Parker was much less annoying and much more endearing than I expected.  So that was a nice surprise too.

We did bring baby with us and that made for less of a relaxing night for me.  He had his first bottle ever at the restaurant then fell asleep for a while, but then woke up and I ended up breastfeeding him for most of the movie.  That was kind of awkward. Luckily, the movie wasn't too crowded and he did eventually fall asleep. It was a nice night out and we enjoyed it.

And today was his actual birthday so he got lots of yummy food and some peace and quiet.  His birthday candles were sparkles this year, which I thought was AWESOME.  That was a lot of fun.  Yay for birthdays!

No comments: